Colorbond Roofing: What You Need to Know Before Installing?
Metal roofs, particularly Colorbond roofs, are quickly becoming the preferred roofing material for residential buildings. Colorbond roofing is made of Zincalume steel and is coated with an anti-corrosion aluminium and zinc coating. Additional protection is provided by using a polyester primer. Colorbond has been a popular product of choice for both urban and rural regions in Melbourne and Australia due to its durability. Here are a few things you should know before installing Colorbond roofing: ...
Metal roofs, particularly Colorbond roofs, are quickly becoming the preferred roofing material for residential buildings. Colorbond roofing is made of Zincalume steel and is coated with an anti-corrosion aluminium and zinc coating. Additional protection is provided by using a polyester primer. Colorbond has been a popular product of choice for both urban and rural regions in Melbourne and Australia due to its durability. Here are a few things you should know before installing Colorbond roofing:
- Is it a good choice for you?
It’s vital to examine what you’re looking for in a roofing product when determining whether Colorbond roofing is appropriate for your home. Colorbond’s fire resistance and resistance to rot and termite infestation are two of the reasons it has become so popular as a roofing material of choice. Colorbond might be an excellent choice if you’re searching for a product that is low-maintenance and gives peace of mind.
- What colour and finish are the best?
When it comes to picking a colour for their roof, one of the most common mistakes individuals do is choose their favourite colour. While this is reasonable, you should also make sure that the colour you choose complements the style and character of your home or structure.
- Do you have a licensed roofing contractor?
Check to see if the roofing contractor has the necessary certifications and licenses to do the job. This will guarantee that not just high-quality work is completed, but you are also fully protected.
4 Reasons to Choose a Colorbond Roof
Roofs made of Colorbond are strong, thermally insulated, lightweight, and extremely durable. If you’re building a new house or replacing your present roof, Colorbond roofing offers several advantages.
- Colorbond is a coated steel roofing material that is long-lasting and can withstand the harsh Australian climate. It also enhances the appearance of your property.
- Colorbond roofing is robust yet lightweight, termite resistant, non-combustible, and resistant to chipping, peeling, cracking, and corrosion as compared to tiles. When Colorbond roofing is installed, there is no structural weight gain because it is a lightweight product. In fact, it removes a significant amount of weight off the frame in older homes.
- The colour is bound to the metal with Colorbond, and it is strong and low maintenance. It doesn’t need to be painted, and it won’t break or leak.
- Because it is a thermally efficient material, it insulates your house all year, radiates less heat, and cools down faster at night than tiles, especially if you pick lighter colours.
What Are the Popular Colorbond Roof Colours?
Because of how Colorbond colours respond to sunlight, the colour you pick for your roof may either boost or reduce the warmth inside your home. Any change in indoor temperaturecan influence your utility bills. There are a range of Colorbond roof colours available. Colorbond roofs are divided into three categories: contemporary colours, classic colours, and matt colours.
Contemporary colours: Basalt, Cove, Dune, Gully, Ironstone, etc
Classic colours: Classic Cream, Cottage Green, Deep Ocean, Pale Eucalyptus, etc
Matt Colours: Dune, Basalt, Surf Mist, Shale Grey
Choosing the appropriate roof colour for your house may be stressful and perplexing, especially with all the important facts to consider and the variety of roof colour options available. A roof professional can assess your roof and house to select the appropriate colour for your needs. Furthermore, they can skilfully examine the state of your roof and determine whether any sections need to be fixed prior to painting. When you connect with a roofing specialist, you can be confident that all your roofing needs will be met.
Call InnoHomes on 1300 722 703 or get a quotation online now for a hassle-free and high-quality Colorbond roofing installation, replacement, or repainting experience. Our staff is eager to assist you in selecting the right roof colour for your home.